April 14, 2010

Paula's Predictions for 4/14

The 2010 NHL post season kicks off this evening and here are my predictions for tonight's matchups.

Pittsburgh Penguins (4)/Ottawa Senators (5): Pens. Do I even need to explain myself? I'm still trying to figure out how the Sens even landed themself in the fifth playoff spot. Maybe I'll eat my words. We'll see.

New Jersey Devils (2)/Philadelphia Flyers (7): Devils. Don't get me wrong- because I think this series is going to be a tough one for the Devils due to the Flyer's physical style of play. I just think that with the opening game of the series being in Jersey, they will have the edge tonight.

Detroit Redwings (5)/Phoenix Coyotes (4): Redwings. The Coyotes have had a standout season and I'm still confused about it. Needless to say, they're somewhat of a Cinderella story. They even had some sell-outs. But I digress. The Redwings had somewhat of a disappointing season but they will start off with a clean slate and use their experience and talented squad of Swedes to steal one in Phoenix tonight.

And finally... the game I'm most excited about,

San Jose Sharks (1) / Colorado Avalanche (8): Well well well. Look what we have here. The Sharks have the number one seed. I say the Avs take this one. And if not this game, the series. I have zero faith in the Sharks. As Mike Millbury so eloquently said, "Hey Thornton, wipe that silly grin off your face. It's playoff time."

No comments:

Post a Comment