January 26, 2010

Introducing Myself and Some Unorganized Thoughts

Again, I apologize for just starting out by ranting about the B's...but let's face it. That's what I'm good at. Well, my name is Paula and I'll be posting under P.M. as those are my innitials. I'm 22 years old and I would say I am a die hard Bruins fan, through and through. I can honestly say, as much as I curse at the tv, make false claims about giving up my season tickets, or walk out of the Garden crestfallenly...I refuse to turn my back on this team. Not two years ago when they lost to Montreal in the first round of playoffs. Not last year when they lost in the 2nd round to...excuse me while I cringe, Carolina. And most significantly, I won't lose faith now. The B's may be consistently inconsistent for the time being but they're at rock bottom. There's nowhere to go but up. Metaphorically speaking, of course, because they could actually fall further down in the ranks of the Eastern Conference; and ultimately not make the playoffs, which in that case, I probably wouldn't be blogging..because I'd be too busy being curled up in the fetal position, rocking back and forth listening to Enya, but I digress.

The main point to be taken from that running stream of consciousness is that the B's can, and desperately need, to move forward. If they can pull out some wins over the next few games (a grueling schedule, I may add...Sabres, Ovechkin, Habs..to name a few) then they won't be in dire need for wins come the end of the season. The last thing I need is the B's being a bubble team and needing conditional events to occur in order to clinch a playoff spot.

Again, I have faith. The best thing about the Boston Bruins, in my opinion, is that despite all of the heartbreak and disappointment they can bring, they also bring something else. All it takes is one game. A game in which the big, bad, Bruins are back. As opposed to just...bad. A game in which the players score messy goals, maybe even a pretty one; hard hits; acrobatic yet unorthodox saves; having Lucic rip someone's head off or smash a body through the glass; maybe a line brawl. I don't know when this game will happen, but for the team's sake I hope it's soon. And I can assure you, once this game happens, the Eastern Conference will be in for a rude awakening because the Bruins have potential to be a driving force. And I know they will be.

Thank you and Goodnight. Peace , Love & GO BRUINS.

No comments:

Post a Comment